Monday, February 27, 2006

Haiku 55
An experiment at combining Haiku, a 55 Word Story and a 55 Word Zen Koan.

Unreal met real. You
cross my heart, I thread thy wounds-
Portal shuts. The Fall.

---

The spider advanced menacingly, jeered, and cocooned shut a hapless ant for dinner. The silky web glistened strangely in the fluorescent light. A nearby ant-colony despaired.

She giggled. Cuteness.

She pulled her lighter out, lit a Navy Cut and moved the flame. Web, Spider, Dinner all transmogrified into a brilliant fireball.

She giggled again.

---

Angelic smile, tears
Red rose, fears, so many years-
Hot days of Sehnsucht.

---

Cafe Frappe served with a straw. Too many a fake smile, meaningless dance and worthless prophecy. Blue skies, white clouds. Monday bloody monday.

He gazed at the short straw. If he didn't think it short, he would be denying fact. If he thought it short, he opposed reality. What then, did he tell the waiter?

---

Frozen, a raven.
Kissed south, found northern heaven-
Annihilation.

12 comments:

Sita said...

nice!
not literally of course.

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

I didnt understand any of this, but it sounded pretty arty.

Anonymous said...

@Finchey : Thengoo thengoo. Will explain the 2nd half of 2nd story over chai sutta. SULE-mani, more like it. ;-)

@Sita : Eh? Meaning what?

@Chrysanthemum : Abe, where were you all these days? ***Do I see your ears turning red once again?*** ;-) Ok, i'll explain it to you also... Over beer.

Anonymous said...

I have to wait for an explanation - over beer it is - but only after May 10. I booked my tickets I say!! w0OHo0Oo!
I will bring print outs of your blog posts that I dont understand. What say? *Looks intently*

rOCK0n!

Unknown said...

Looks interestin.... but totally flies overhead. *ducks to avoid bouncer*

Anonymous said...

I visited your blogger profle, for no apparent reason. But found out that I was vistor no. 666 to your profile! The devil hath paid visit to thee!
Eh maga, whats your yAHOoOOO! msngr? If you ain't comfortable publishing it here, add me. nikhiljo

Anonymous said...

@Nikhil : I think it's been stuck at 666 for quite a while... :-) After may 10th then...

@Sudhir : Saw your old comments. Thanks for removing Comments(0) thing... Hehehe... You don't have to duck and all...

Anonymous said...

aha! stuck at 666. YOU are the real devil, in that case, eh?

and the answer to your question that was the answer to the blogger question:
People used fingers and palms before they used spoons :D

Meghna said...

I find haiku very intimidating..
I one got one thru SMS (have this sneaky feeling the structure is wrong);

"Lonely *his 2 syllable name* with *my 2 syllable name*

play play play play

lonely boy virgin no more"

Yeeesh!!


Finally your profile is accessible..!

Shadow said...

wyat ees thees i say? over beer? over coffee??? I'm IN!!! Explain it to me over vodka. What say?

Anonymous said...

@Nikhil : What if there were no hands? ;-)

@Meghna : Hyok... The construct is defffinitely f'ed. Yup, thought I'd change the profile thing... :-)

@Shadow : Anything, as long as I am sponsored. ***Toothy Grin***

Anonymous said...

twisted.
:-D