Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Speed 97


Speed-97 is what makes the engine smooth, even at 100 KMPH. Felt extremely nice buttt... no other difference at all. No point in filling it. Absolutely none. I could've bought one extra litre of unleaded in lieu of 5 litres of 97-octane. So much for my experiments. Bigger hydrocarbons kathe. What a semi-piss-off!

No need for sympathy, it's only for the weak
On bleeding knees I accept my fate...


A little anger, a little hurt and a bike along Bangalore-Mysore Highway is a very interesting combination. Especially when the clean shaved rider had eleven rupees and fifty paise in his wallet, 5 litres of speed-97 in the fuel tank and 3 litres in reserve, AND a Need For Speed. Thirty kilometres on the highway, a coffee and a cigarette, and a return trip in the rain. A feeling, indescribable and immeasurable. Ultra awesome. And far-off words echoing in your head - "So... Do you think you can tell blue skies from pain, Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell?"

Am I forced to have any regret?
I've become the lie, beautiful and free...

A drift through scenes of yellow fields of crops, clear blue skies in metamorphosis, smoothly into a blue sky with white clouds and then to a sky with black clouds. Pleasant warm wind, and on the way back, cool wind and raindrops on my unhelmeted face. Rain. After a smoke. Extremely smooth and quick 100 KMPH accelerations. Toying with, harassing and then overtaking pissed off lorry drivers.

Shake the silence and hear what it says
The tranquil pride that become the lie...

I would want to live that way forever. But I can't. Cos' I need the ordinary, the mundane and boring, and the anger, the betrayal, the hurt to enjoy my deepest comforts. It's nice to live out your own version of your most cherished songs in reality.

At least once in a while. :)

8 comments:

Sita said...

i'm with finch.
happy postaa?
is everything allright?

Anonymous said...

@Finch : Happy post. It's doing exactly what it should. The blood's missing this time... Yep, the meaning of our fave songs changes with every passing phase of life. And that's what makes it all the more beautiful. :)

@Sitey : Es. Happy poste. Everything ok. ;)

Manu said...

FANTASHTIC POSHT! Good that we didn't meet up at Tea House that day when you planned to ride away. Yes, the post had your typical mix of hurt-induced brilliance to it. But good to know you're alright. :-)

Anonymous said...

'In my righteous own mind
I adore and preach the insanity you gave to me'
It is a great song isnt it...
Ride in the rain and a need for speed...what could be better!
to live out our most cherished songs...its the most brilliant feeling ever. sometimes i wonder if the songs we cherish are describing..are like.. our life. and maybe thats why we connect to them.

A Chrysanthemum by any other name... said...

but how could u go for a bike trip without me?

Nonedone said...

It's already raining there?

Lucky bastard.

Like Garbage said...
I'm only happy when it rains,
I'm only happy when it's complicated


I've only ever ridden a bike (well a kinetic) once. In Goa. I know that doesn't count, but wot2do, I'm a chickenshit. Although I get a lovely feeling everytime I drive down Bandra Flyover to Reclamation. You should ride your bike there, you'll love it.

(PS: That's where they hold the annual Mumbai Drag Race)

Anonymous said...

@Manu : Hehe... Hurt-induced brilliance aa? Yappaaa... But yes, I'm alive. And we still owe beer to people. Lots of it. Alive to see that day. :)

@Ugly Bear : Yes, I know you listen to the songs I gave you. And yes, the songs describe different junctions of our life at different points of time. Primarily, what matters is our interpretation.

@Chrys : It was a bike RIDE not a bike TRIP. Get the difference? We'll go soon enough. I hope... :| In the meantime, we must have an Austin Powers + Beer night. Let's not forget tortilla chips.

@Nonedone : I guess thunderstorms would be a better word to describe hapenings. Bandra flyover? Sometime, I hope. :)

Anonymous said...

@AC: for the last TIME..I AM NOT UGLY!