Friday, May 18, 2007

Saturday Night Breezer

I quite look forward to my saturday nights. For the last few years I have, without any definite purpose, cultivated this habit of chilling out with a beer, some chicken biryani and a movie. An excellent way of spending some time alone in the comfort of my room thinking thoughts that need ne'er be thought, of being someone I often am not, and of living.

Such moments are almost always surreptitiously seductive, like a temptress of tenebrous tenets. Great empires have been built and destroyed by clandestine seductions. Seductions of power, of thought, of vice. Oh, and of women. (And me? I'm just obsessed with biryani.) Always well-planned, well-executed... Not this time.

Today, I got this daft idea to switch beer for a breezer. So it was written, so it was done. As it so turned out, Breezer was a good choice, being the once-in-a-while type thing and all. Does not have the fattening effect of beer, but also doesn't have the smoothness, mellowness or fine taste that is associated with whisky.

Of all the movies, it had to be True Lies. And as Jamie Lee Curtis's breasts were bouncing all over my screen did I realize that today is a friday, and not a saturday.

Was I pissed, even if it was for a moment. Strangely happy and ethereal too... Sometimes, the stark nakedness of it all stares down with such terrible beauty. I have gotten used to the beauty of these seductions, to the extent of being dependent. I don't really mind...

Because, even if it's the ephemeral touch of a pseudo-saturday-night-breezer, I still love these seductions.

No comments: