Wednesday, January 12, 2005

19 Wasted Years

Turning up the volume and feeling as if Dickinson is standing by my ear and screaming -

But now it seems
I'm just a stranger to myself
And all the things I sometimes do
It isn't me but someone else

I close my eyes
And think of home
Another city goes by
In the night

Ain't it funny how it is
You never miss it till it's gone away
And my heart is lying there
And will be till my dying day

So true man... so true. It makes me wanna cryyyyyy.... Exactly my feelings at this point of time. Maybe I am holding on to my past so dearly that I do not realize the worth of "Right Now". I missed Hyderabad when I moved here and I still do and my heart will always lie there till my dying day. Makes me realize how much Bangalore has changed me. Yes, there are experiences I have gained which I would not have got if I had not been here but still... Hyd rocks...

But then....

So understand
Don't waste your time always
Searching for those wasted years
Face up, make your stand
And realise you're living
In the golden years

So I guess I should not be wasting my time searching for happiness and contentment but realize the happiness that I can abound in where I stand. Misery is a black hole... Keeps sucking everything out of you till you have rotted and become a mere skeleton of yourself and eventually die. I must realize that phases come and go and life goes on, and it eventually is a good day to be alive, good day to be alive indeed. Heaven can wait, and must wait for another day.

Hence crapped the Arcane Crapper.

No comments: