Friday, March 25, 2005

Reminiscence

Yet another outta town trip... This time to Hoskote which is 30 kms from Bangalore. We reached there without much excitement along the way. Got our rooms allocated. Sexy toilets, I must say. To quote Rohit - "Do we even deserve this?" Then the seven of us went to moderately thick forest type wilderness in the campus and beyond. Lots of snaps, videos and scratches later, we finally trudged back to our rooms.

Freshened up, met the Scientist in charge of the facility and we engaged in a major Q&A session about the Hanle telescope and various other stuff. Spent around 2 hours there. Then we were asked to come back at around 12.00 in the night (which was later conveniently postponed to 3.00AM). So we were left with quite some time to spend which was utilized in doing another trip to the semi-wilderness. We didn't venture into the forest but nevertheless sat in this amphi theatre type place... in the dead centre, mind you... and started playing "Truth Or Dare".

The first round was Ok but the second round was all dare and me, Suhas and Rohit had quite something to do... Suhas had to piss everyone off, which was quite a task. I had to scale atleast 40 feet of a transmission tower that was more than 60 feet tall. (Did I mention that we, as in me and Rohit, had tea and cigarettes in the dead of the night, looking at the black sky filled with shiny stars!! Amazing kick!!!) The best dare was where I have utmost pride in saying that I screwed Rohit. YESSS!!! I MADE HIM KISS AMRITA'S FEET! HER SOLES!! THAT TOO WHEN IT WAS ALL DIRTY WITH THE DUST AND MUD OF OUR TRIP TO THE FOREST!!! I rule!!!! But the bastard... he spoiled my fun cos he actually enjoyed it. Chooth!

Then we reported back to the Prof. and we took snaps and spectroscope data of M-51 (a spiral galaxy with a smaller galaxy orbiting it) and a cuppla stars...

After that we all headed to the girls' room and had a major debate (initiated by Amrita) on what God means to all of us. Each person contributed his two pennies and there was everything ranging from Faith to Agnosticism to Order and Chaos to the Ultimate being... After that I fuckin' slept man... Couldn't believe it!! I believe I missed out the better parts of the discussion. Bloody Fuck!! And anyways the return trip was reasonably uneventful except for a dicey looking driver. Thus ended a really amazing trip.

Never knew that the people I have known for some time now are capable of more serious discussions than I expected them to. There usually is more to a human being than that meets the eye. It depends on a person whether to probe and find out more about another person's intellectual capacity or to just sit lazily and wait for moments like this to turn your thinking around. I have missed a lot of things in the recent past. Maybe this is a call, a call for me to be more aware of what's happening around me. I am half caught between regret at my laziness and letting the past go. Only thing left is to look ahead, just to look ahead. That's all. No turning back now. So maybe there is a force by the name of God that connects every one of us. Maybe everything is predetermined after all. Will I know for sure? No idea.

No comments: