Monday, January 31, 2005

Transcending Spacetime

Some things which will be needed to understand my post :

Frame Of Reference - A fixed point or a set of fixed points in space from which an event is viewed or observed.

Time Dilation - Time gets expanded for a person who views an event outside the frame of reference in which the event is taking place. For the person in the frame where the event is actually taking place, I assume that time gets contracted. My assumption is of consequence much later in the post.

What Prof. Iyer said - Suppose you are going to Hampi from Bangalore and at exactly 10 PM, you board the train. You are on the train and your friend is observing from the station. You presumably sleep and when you wake up you are in Hampi. Now the realative distance you have moved is 0 KM (since you are still on the berth in the train) but for your friend, you have travelled 352 KM.

The ideology is even when you believe that you are in the same place you have actually moved across spacetime.


The Post Itself :

Now, today I had a very weird dream which I shall try my best to recollect and tell.

The scene is at Chunnu's place. I vaguely remember this portion but it had something to do with food and I guess we were sleeping on the floor with some comfortable beds.

Now all of a sudden, my mind shifts and now I am in this house... a weird house which is half trashed and half clean. It's multi-storeyed (I guess 3 floors + Ground.) There is this really happening party going on here... I remember a few familiar faces in my dream but mostly unfamiliar ones. I remember takinga few drinks in and maybe smoking a bit also. (I guess the building might be modeled based on Purple Haze, cos' in the dream, I remember a narrow staircase as well. And moreover I had been there yesterday.)

Now the weird part steps in. I remember... a girl. Not very pretty, but ok looking. Decent figure also, but not a bomb. I have never seen her face before. She has a fairly dark complexion. However, it's as if I seem to know everything about her. As if I recognize her from... some other life of mine or something like that. The feeling is hard to explain. Being very familiar with her, even though I have never seen her face before, I ask her for sex. She obliges.

Now I remember... there's this balcony type thing and a few plants in pots. She hides behind them. To get to the balcony, I must pass through a room. Now as luck would have it, I spot a pack of condoms there. I thought "Aaahaaa!! God is great." I am running towards the balcony... or maybe floating through the air. (I really can't recall such vivid details 22 hours after I had the dream.) I snatch the packet of condoms and see - "Oho! Durex, eh. A good brand. Will do for now." I float across through the door and to the balcony now.

She is still hiding behind the plants, naked. An artistic view indeed. Or so I thought. And then I can't really explain this. There was a very powerful rush of feelings the went through me. I have never felt such intense passion before. It's as if all of time is held captive in that moment of glory and it makes you want to savour that moment... for eternity.

I am now wanting to have sex with her and I have a vision of the state of bliss I will be in, during the union of souls. (I really don't know why I felt like it was supposed to be a union of souls, or as a way of experiencing a kind of elation never felt before. Maybe "The Da Vinci Code" has been subconsciously influencing me.) Now, as I look at her again, I see fear... She is very scared. "Of what?" I wonder. Then I realize it's a trap, something laid out so I could descend from grace, whatever that means. I knew I had failed in something important (Not the sex thing here, but something which would have changed the universe for me. I have missed a trancendental experience.) And then everything is a blank. I don't see the girl anymore, I remember the horrendous laughing face of one of my friends and I wonder - "Why? Why has he done this? Why him of all the people? In what way will the web of life be affected now?" Then I am left with a feeling of sadness, of despair, of frustration. I was so close to attaining a state of happiness never known before (truly transcendental variety) and yet now I am very far. I will never know the same state of happiness again in my life which I was able to magically "preview".

And then the scene changes just like that. And then I remember seeing a guy called Ding-Dong. He is wearing his usual shades and carrying his T-610. And there was a car, a maroon Maruti 800. There were people driving that. And then Me and Chunnu were riding on my babe, Maya. And then all of a sudden, he disappears. I am looking for signboards that show the way to MG Road. Since I knew the way home from MG Road, I could rush home and start studying for my Maths exam. I start ripping on this flyover. I knew most of the flyovers in Bangalore but this one seemed strangely unfamiliar. I was going at an amazing speed. I proceed down the flyover. There is a curve. It's not sharp but... oh no! I am going too fast, and my bike is about to topple cos' the traction is not enough and just as I'm about to kiss the tarmac, I hear this loud ringing and wake up and curse my Alarm clock cos' my dream remained incomplete. I will never know the ending to this story.

And now, this is what stunned me to the core as nothing else had ever done before. I remembered Iyer's words about relative frames of reference and thought - "Damn!!!! What if the dreams I have, are not just dreams? Could it be a delicate connection by means of Astral projections onto different hyperplanes in the fabric of Spacetime continuum? What if my mind has actually travelled such large distances and times while I was asleep? What if the whole thing was not just fragments of my imagination? What if the dreams we have are actually links to our selves in another parallel universe? What if we are getting visions of our own existence in these other parallel universes? MMMIIINNNDDD BLOOOWWWIINNNGGGG!!!!!!! Fuck!!!! Could it actually be anything of this sort? What if I am actually living a different life in a different universe during the time I sleep here in this universe? What if time is getting contracted and I am able to live many lives through my dreams (or maybe astral projections on a different plane of existence?) Maannnnn!!! Fuck Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck!!! I need answers to these questions and I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO GET THEM ANYTIME SOON. No wonder people say that the Human Mind is the most powerful thing in the universe. This just leaves my belief in the paranormal strengthened in a strangely mystical yet logical fashion.

There was however another of my dreams, in which I fall in love with this female - Ms. X. And life goes on, and at the end of the dream, she dies a tragic death cos' it was a death which I knew would happen eventually. And there were real powerful feelings associated with that. Actually, I still remember the last scenes... she was wearing a red T-shirt. She is lying on the floor. She is... dying. I go closer and tears are flowing down both our faces. I kinda kneel beside her and lift her head and place it on my lap, I give her true love's one last kiss and forever say goodbye. There is a shadow in my head and I felt that I was able to live something to the core before. Now there is darkness everywhere.

Now, there are some things I really don't remember much about. There was this cell-phone which she was holding when she died. What the hell is that supposed to mean?? It's funny how dreams unleash hitherto unknown feelings within. It makes you lose control of your mind in a weird way and when you wake up, you are gasping for breath, wondering what the shit just happened! Such dreams are potential troublemakers. Totally funny, what all we have to put up with in life. Sometimes dreams show you as a person totally opposite of what you are in real life. Many times it's scary, just plain scary to know that your mind is getting messed up with and in the end there's just chaos everywhere.

Welcome to my World of Subliminal Nonlinearities.

No comments: